Doing Without Donors – Stem Cells and Artificial Substitutes Could Ease the Dependence on Blood DonationsSeptember 28, 2017
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic that shares our long‐term vision for a donor‐independent blood system. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities since you’ll be partnering with us to fundamentally disrupt a firmly established industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. If you want to further develop the operational skill set necessary to start and run a business, this is a perfect opportunity!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the hiring process (liaising with candidates, search firms, running the interview process, generating offer letters, etc.)
- Onboarding new staff (employment agreements
- Managing all HR processes for the company (payroll, option vesting, etc.)
- Recommending and maintaining benefits packages that are industry competitive
- Developing and maintaining a process for goal setting and performance evaluation
- Coordinate with external accountants and manage key accounting processes
- Review financials before submitting to CFO for approval
- Generate reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Support fundraising and business development efforts as needed
- Maintain necessary insurance policies for the company and identify gaps in coverage
- Review and pay invoices
- Grants management – lead effort on ensuring all grants are in compliance
- Work closely with Prinicipal Investigators and scientific teams to compile interim and final reports for various grants
- We’re a startup – everyday is different!
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- B.A./B.S. in relevant field and at least 3 years of relevant experience required, 7+ years of experience preferred
- Experience in comparable roles in startups and/or biotechnology required
- Can work productively and develop cohesive team relationships
- High degree of computer literacy in Mac/PC based OS environments
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities
More senior candidates will be considered with job title and salary commensurate with experience.
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: