Research Associate for Stem Cell TeamAugust 6, 2018
Research Scientist – Stem CellAugust 7, 2018
The successful candidate will display strong scientific and technical experience in various aspects of in vitro and in vivo cell biology to provide support for ongoing and emerging research projects. Specifically, the candidate will drive experimentation designed to establish the encapsulation of antibody and small-molecule therapeutics towards establishing their efficacy relevant animal models.
Duties and Responsibilities
The position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design and execution of experiments for multiple projects with input from Drug Delivery Team Lead and Chief of Staff, and CSO.
- Collaborate with project teams to optimize drug loading and delivery protocols and coordinate the characterization of drug-loaded platelets.
- Identify and integrate new technologies that improve or expand upon internal SOPs.
- Interface with CROs and collaborators to design experiments, transfer test materials, samples, data, and protocols for animal models.
- Generate and maintain clear experimental notebooks.
- Regular participation and presentation at team and company meetings.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, immunology, oncology with 1+ years of
postdoctoral/industry experience or MS with 5+ years of industry experience.
- Must have in vivo animal model experience (with emphasis on cancer models) and solid foundation in mouse handling, in vivo delivery, including iv injections, blood draws and tissue collection.
- Experience with nanoparticle biology, conjugation chemistry, and/or in vivo pharmacology is a plus.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture (hiPSC, MK, and platelet experience a plus) including cell transfections, and differentiation protocols.
- Experience with ex vivo assay techniques (e.g. ELISAs, Western Blot, RT-qPCR, proliferation/viability assays, cell uptake and microscopy, histology / immunohistochemistry.
- In depth knowledge of literature and current trends in hemostasis and
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills with the ability to design experiments and interpret data.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure to achieve development timelines.
- Capable of managing multiple complex projects and competing priorities.
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits and much more!
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: