Research Scientist – Stem CellApril 11, 2018
Platelet BioGenesis Licenses Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell Technology from iPS Academia JapanMay 9, 2018
We are seeking a PhD level research scientist to function as a bioconjugation chemist and drug delivery scientist. The candidate will display strong scientific and technical experience in various aspects of cell surface chemistry, analytical chemistry and protein chemistry to lead our drug delivery program.
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging Mother Nature’s drug delivery system to cure diseases. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities!
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design and execution of experiments for multiple projects with input from the CSO and Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Supervision of one or more laboratory staff.
- Generation of intellectual property, performing literature, IP and patent searches.
- Writing/submitting/reviewing papers and patents, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Operating creatively within a project research budget.
- Project planning including submissions for grant funding and regulatory filings.
- Acting as a scientific ambassador for the company, including making external presentation, publishing abstracts/articles, and establishing collaborations.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required
- PhD (or equivalent) in Pharmaceutical Science, Chemistry or related fields with at least
- 2 years of postdoctoral or related experience with cell surface chemistry
- Expertise with synthesis, purification, analysis of antibody-drug conjugates, protein-cell conjugates is required
- Working knowledge in chemical reactions and reagents for small molecules and biopolymers is highly recommended
- In depth knowledge of literature and current trends in the fields of pluripotent stem cells, thrombopoiesis, (and preferably bioreactor development)
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills with the ability to design experiments and interpret data
- Excellent and effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Flexible, hard-working, is capable of managing multiple complex projects at any given time, and can work under pressure to achieve development timelines
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Planning (401k)
- Unlimited vacation/sick days
- Parental Leave
- Commuter Benefits and much more!
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: