Senior Cell Culture Process Engineer (MS/PhD level)February 27, 2018
Dr. Jonathan Thon Featured in Nature Article ‘Putting Microfluidics in Other People’s Hands’March 5, 2018
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic who shares our long‐term vision for leveraging Mother Nature’s drug delivery system to cure diseases. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities!
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design and execution of experiments for multiple projects with input from the CSO and Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Supervision of one or more laboratory staff.
- Generation of intellectual property, performing literature, IP and patent searches.
- Writing/submitting/reviewing papers and patents, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Operating creatively within a project research budget.
- Project planning including submissions for grant funding and regulatory filings.
- Acting as a scientific ambassador for the company, including making external presentation, publishing abstracts/articles, and establishing collaborations.
- Authorized to work in the U.S. – Required.
- PhD, or MS with related bioprocess expertise.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture, microscopy, and flow cytometry
- Experience with fed-batch bioreactor processes including optimizing, feeding strategies, and evaluating different cell culture media and feed formulations
- Experience with human pluripotent stem cells and/or hematopoietic differentiation
- Critical thinker with excellent problem‐solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently
- Skilled presenter able to deliver technical summaries of data as well as high level explanations designed to support strategic decisions
- Ability to multi‐task efficiently and work under pressure with precision
- Experience with training laboratory staff at various levels
- Willingness to go above and beyond job requirements when necessary
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: