Platelet BioGenesis Unveils Redesigned WebsiteNovember 7, 2016
Platelet BioGenesis Acquires Exclusive Worldwide Licenses to Produce Platelets from Stem CellsDecember 13, 2016
We are looking for a driven independent thinker with a monster work ethic that shares our long-term vision for a donor independent blood system. Initiative and creative problem solving are priorities since you’ll be partnering with us to fundamentally disrupt a firmly established industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Because we are a startup, the position calls for duties that are broad and variable, with significant opportunity for advancement. Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Design and execution of experiments for multiple projects with input from senior scientists, the CSO, and Scientific Advisory Committee.
- Supervision of 1-2 laboratory staff.
- Writing/submitting/reviewing papers and patents, and evaluation of new technologies.
- Operating creatively within a project research budget.
- Project planning including submissions for grant funding.
- Generating and maintaining all technical documentation.
- Acting as a scientific ambassador for the company, including delivering external presentations, publishing abstracts/articles, and establishing collaborations.
- American citizens or permanent residents (green card holders) only.
- PhD (or equivalent) or related experience with iPSCs and hematopoietic stem cells.
- Hands-on cell culture experience.
- Hands-on laboratory experience working with animals (mice), blood, and blood products.
- Hands-on microscopy, flow cytometry, (and preferably bioreactor) experience.
- Experience in a wide-range of cellular and molecular biology techniques including western blotting, IHC, qPCR, etc.
- In depth knowledge of literature and current trends in the fields of pluripotent stem cells, thrombopoiesis, (and preferably bioreactor development).
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well both in a team and independently.
- Skilled presenter able to deliver technical summaries of data as well as high level explanations designed to support strategic decisions.
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and work under pressure with precision.
- Experience with training laboratory staff at various levels.
- Willingness to go above and beyond job requirements when necessary.
Please send cover letter and CV/resume to: